Every year unhealthy diets cause 11 million deaths and a further 420 000 people die from consuming unsafe foods. Currently, 3 billion people cannot afford a healthy diet and unhealthy diets are related to 6 of the top 10 risk factors for the global burden of disease. Our food systems are making us sick. The covid-19 pandemic had a strong negative impact on food security and nutrition. For example, 370 million children lost access to school meals and it is estimated that additional 118 million people might have become food insecure.
- UNLEASH is going to India in 2022!
- Study finds marginalized communities bear brunt of U.S. climate crisis
- It’s time for a new leadership playbook
- Chobani will help R.I. nonprofit feed malnourished children worldwide
- New coalitions announced at the UN Food Systems Summit to increase access to healthy diets from sustainable food systems