Every year unhealthy diets cause 11 million deaths and a further 420 000 people die from consuming unsafe foods. Currently, 3 billion people cannot afford a healthy diet and unhealthy diets are related to 6 of the top 10 risk factors for the global burden of disease. Our food systems are making us sick. The covid-19 pandemic had a strong negative impact on food security and nutrition. For example, 370 million children lost access to school meals and it is estimated that additional 118 million people might have become food insecure.
- “Don’t Look Up” Is More Than Your Standard Climate Cautionary Tale
- International Migrants Day: Harnessing the Potential of Human Mobility
- Mobile Film Festival awards: 1001 ways to ‘make peace with nature’
- What’s the Role of Business in Confronting Climate Change?
- Millennial Money: Sustain generosity beyond the holidays